About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Is it worth it?

So I'm sitting here trying to do an assignment which is due at midnight. I was suppose to have a peer review an assignment from last week no one did so I'm stuck on what to do. If I'm lucky my professor will respond to an email in a couple weeks which will be to late to turn in the assignment so I sit here thinking is it really worth it? Is it worth it to have my bachelors degree and the certificates to teach and become a coach? I have many friends, to many friends who have their degrees and certificates to teach but can't find a job because the government can manage a budget and is cutting back on education and not paying our military but we can bail out private companies and we can pay people who don't want to help themselves. Is it worth it? I have gone to school 18 or 19 of my 24 years of living. I have been in college 5 of the last 6 years I have 2 associates degrees and I'm currently working on my Bachelors. I have taken classes to be a Physical therapist, a therapists assistant, an RN and now a teacher. I was just ask by a friend "What do you wanna be if you ever grow up?" I thought about it for a second and here is an honest answer I want to be a man of God, a loving husband, a good father, a good role model to those around me, and a person who makes an impact benefitting The Kingdom. I'm pretty sure that if I was to look in a school catalog there isn't a degree plan or classes that I can take to help me with those. I have heard that the world is going to end in my lifetime that The Son will return soon. Now we don't know that for sure but if it is then the harvest is more important then school and a degree. So many "grown ups" that I know that do have degrees aren't doing anything in the field that their degree is in. Many of my friends that I went to school with haven't been able to find jobs in their field so they are stuck on what to do next the one thing they have been set on for the last 4 years of their life isn't there so they go back to school to do something else or they just sit and wait hoping for something better than what they have. It just makes me wonder is it worth dealing with all this stress? I would much rather be broke and enjoy what I'm doing then be wealthy and miserable. I feel like having a college degree is required from my family and I look back and say well I have two but are they going to look down upon me for not having a bachelors. As a follower of Christ it's my job to represent Jesus on this earth until his return. The most important things I have ever done in my life have been when I was sharing the Gospel summer of 2008 in Juarez Mexico with an organization called Casas por Cristo and since the summer of 2006 when i started volunteering in Childrens ministry at Trinity Fellowship Church. Being able to see changes in peoples lives when they begin a relationship with Jesus is the most amazing thing. I want to be able to share that feeling with so many more people. Now the questions are...Do I need a degree for that, will having a degree help? So now the question is what do I do next? The answer lies in Him I just have to seek him out and sit and listen I know that but its so difficult for me. All I know is I want to follow the path that he has me. If that means stepping on toes to get there I'm not sorry. If you think I should be then you need to get something checked. As I begin this journey Prayers and advice are greatly appreciated. So please stop me the next time you see me walking, email me, comment on here, call me, text me, facebook me I don't care. Input would be nice one way or the other

3 comments:

  1. You will succeed in life in what God calls you to do. You will be happier doing you what God has called you to do.
    Personally I have always heard you the happiest (even though I don't know you well)when you spoke about and worked with Casa por Christo. Your family wants the best for you and they interpret that as having a college degree. Although it may be difficult to determine God's exact calling - prayer and going towards God will eventually give you the answer. Don't do what makes other people happy - do what makes God happy. Many times what we enjoy doing the most is what we are supposed to be doing with our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Grace man. I have these doubts pretty often if I should be doing the degree that I feel peace with. I feel like it's the right choice in the long run and will be the best for a family someday. Also, think about the people you will be able to reach as a coach. Kids. Boys especially. God knows that we need good strong Christian guys raised up in the world to take our places when we get too old. Even if you can't 'share' the gospel with them, they will never forget the influence you had on them. What I'm learning is that there is too much at stake in our lives to rely on ourselves to make the decision. Give it to God and remember that God equips the called, not the other way around. Just trust in Him, and you'll never go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think ditching school because your ready to be done with it is the plan. I also think u can say the most important thing you've ever done is sharing the gospel the summer of 2008. I think the most important thing you can do is faithfully pursue Christ day after day, week after week, and year after year. He know's where you at the the options in front of you. faithfully seek him. Faithfully serve him. Faithfully worship him in action, words, and spirit. That way if he show's up next week or in generations to come the fruit of your life will be visible. you never know who's watching you and who in your life right now will accept Christ that will in the future do greater things than you were ever designed to do. Be faithful in pursing the Lord in the difficult and good times and you will become "man of God, a loving husband, a good father, a good role model to those around me, and a person who makes an impact benefitting The Kingdom." and let me add a soldier for the Lord! He came to serve not be served! now get to serving those around you. Love you man!

    ReplyDelete