About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Discipline

Discipline, this is what we have been teaching our kids in Xtreme this month. When we break up into small groups I have them give me the definition for discipline - training that teaches one to obey rules and control one's behavior. Its funny the more I talk to these kids about discipline the more and more I realize I need more discipline in my life. I am by no means a saint nor do I pretend to be with these kids. I don't have a quiet time everyday like I should I don't read my bible as often as I should I don't study near as much as I should and to be quite honest I do a lot of stupid things that I know I probably shouldn't try (no not anything illegal) but things like taking jumps and running long distances without properly training and I have been very lucky to not get hurt or hurt much. But the more I talk to these kids the more I want to bring discipline into my life. Cut out the distractions and get closer to God like I was at one point in my life, then life got crazy busy and I put him on the back-burners for a while and put him up front only when in is convenient for me. But I have realized I can't do that. I need him to be first and for most the most important thing in my life for me to survive this crazy world but more importantly for me to survive this semester. I don't think I can recall a busier semester with all the things I have gotten myself involved in and all the things I want to do. Im also going to have to have discipline. Discipline to stick with my school work instead of making my way to Facebook, twitter or foursquare when Im on my homework. Discipline to read my bible every morning even if its for 5 minutes to start discipline to talk with God daily but even more important than that to listen to him and let him lead me and my life. Discipline in my training, Having 2 or 3 good runs a week, getting in the gym and getting my cross-training in or going out and getting a good cardio workout riding my bike around town or in the canyon. In Galatians 6:9 it says "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." You reap what you sow. If I study I'm going to make good grades, if i train properly I'm going to perform the way I want to, If i spend more time with God Im going to be happier because me and Him are going to be on the same page (meaning i will be in the same chapter, page, and word in the story of my life that he is and if I'm with him then I'm in the right spot which is good enough for me.

So if you read this I encourage you to ask me if I am being disciplined in my life, most importantly with my relationship with Jesus but also in those other areas of my life. You will be able to tell if I'm lying because I have been told by many that I'm a horrible liar.

1 comment:

  1. How's the discipline coming? I am having the same situation being back at home now after two months of basically sitting with God and being in His Word consistently for hours a day in the Dominican. Now I'm home with a job and feeling sick and I am not disciplining myself. I'm feeling dry, and I know why.

    I hope you're doing well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete