About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

2 Timothy 4:1-5

1. I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom. 2. preach the word; be ready in and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. 3. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 4. and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. 5. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

I have been thinking about this scripture for the last few days. "Be ready in AND out of season" What does that mean? I have been looking at this and I have heard some peoples opinions on this and I would love to hear yours but for me at this moment this is my thoughts

In and out of season be ready. Don't just be ready to talk about Jesus and God only in "Church" settings i.e. Small groups, Church homes lifegroups, at church on mission trips or trips with the Church. Be ready when you are out eating dinner with friends, on a ski lift with a random person, at work, school. Wherever you are be ready to proclaim Jesus as Savior. You are going to be giving opportunities when you least expect them be ready.

We are in a day and age that there are so many churches that people can attend that so many of us don't go to church to hear the word, we go to church to hear what we want to hear. Don't fall into that stay. Stay sober-minded, be wise in your decisions, God Never says following him is going to be easy Joshua 1:5 "...I will never leave you or forsake you" 2 Cor 4:9 "persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.", go OUT preach the word don't just keep it inside the walls of the church, in the early days there was not a building for Christians to meet Paul preached in markets and on city streets, Jesus preached outside on a mountain, we cant just limit ourselves inside a building with four walls we just can't. Fulfill your ministry, Everyone has a calling on their life, listen to God to find out what it is and live it out.

Like I said these are my thoughts I would Love to hear yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment