About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Your plan for my life, Not my wants

I find myself sometimes wanting to live another life. Not that there is anything wrong with mine, because honestly I am Very blessed and spoiled. I have a loving mom and brother some of the best friends a guy could ask for. I have a job or jobs that allow me to do what I enjoy. I have a Savior in Christ Jesus who died on the Cross for me so that I would have the opportunity to spend eternal life with the Father in Heaven. But yet I find myself many times not happy, not because things aren't going good or I'm bored and have nothing to do(this is definitely not the case). But I find myself to tied down. Opportunities arise that I would like to take but Im already committed to other things. I wind up having to do things that I have committed to over things that my heart yearns to do. Sometimes I just wish that school and work were not necessary in todays society to be considered a "productive" member of society. I live a pretty carefree life. I am not worried about if i am going to have a next meal. I am blessed to have the mindset of where do I want my meal from. I don't have to worry about where Im going to sleep tonight. Worrying about whether or not I will be warm and dry tonight is not a thought in my mind at all through the day. But there are many people like that who have those thoughts those worries daily. Here in the United States but even more so across our border to the south and around the world. We have so much here that we take for granted running water, free public schools, and free speech just to name a few. I just can't help but imagine how my life could be different if I had done one thing instead of another earlier in life. Instead of staying in my hometown to be with my girlfriend instead of going off to a D1 school when I was a freshman or take a certain job over another what would that have changed how would my life be different. Sometimes I sit and think about this for hours but I have to remind myself. I am following a path, its a path that has been created just for me to follow, yes its my choice to follow it and if I do I will have a blessing in it. Sometimes its just hard, sometimes I wish I had no commitments that I could just drive 6 hours on a whim and build a house for a family that I know very little about and join with the amazing people of Paseo Christian Church and Casas por Cristo. But I have a path that im to follow and at this moment in my life that isn't in the plan. Though I can't be there physically I will be there spiritually, praying for the family, the team and the community to be changed. I will make with due the opportunities I have to make an impact on the community around me while I am here. God has plans for me, Plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give me hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (paraphrased) I just have to remind myself his plans are better than mine, and Lord I want your plans for my life not my own earthly desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment