About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Crazy weekend

So this past weekend was an interesting one to say the least. There were some great times and some that I care not to repeat the experiences.

I got to go to Dallas this past weekend. I was able to spend time with one of my best friends Hannah and her Boyfriend Jeron (who I havent seen in 4 years) along with Elizabeth and my brother doing some shopping and just hanging out. After we hung out it was time for me and my brother to Check in to our Hotel and get ready for our evening activities so we get to our hotel and they tell me that the reservation is not for this weekend that it was for next weekend so we would have to call the company that we had made out reservations for and see if we could change with out difficulty. So figuring there wouldn't be a problem I called the person on the other end said I would have to cancel and rebook the hotel. So I cancelled and said I would figure out something else. I go back to the Guest services and tell the manager the situation so he says he can book me a room but its going to be $150 which is about double what my reservation was for. Its an hour before our evening activity and I was not going to miss it so I said no thanks to the manager and me and Gabriel got back into the truck and headed for The game in the Process I texted a few friends and they were heroes finding me Hotels for pretty Cheap and Elizabeth who was staying at her sisters house said that we could stay at her place for free. Praise God for he is good. So after that slight setback me and Gabriel arrive at our evening activity.

The Big 12 Title game. I have the BEST mom in the World she bought us tickets to the game for Christmas. I was so excited to go to the game. Because (in my opinion) it is one of the greatest College football rivalries The Oklahoma Sooners and The Nebraska CornHuskers. The atmosphere of this game was insane. I have only been to two college games in my life so I don't have much to go by but seeing the entire New Cowboys stadium covered in Crimson and Red was something else. It was a great game the whole way through with Nebraska coming out with a 17 point lead in the first quarter and Oklahoma coming back before the half and closing the deficit to 3 with a 20-17 score at half. The Second half there wasn't anything spectacular with the game ending with a score of 23-20 The Sooners coming out with the Victory. Made me very happy to be able to celebrate with all the fans after what had occured just prior to the game.

After the game we made it to Elizabeths sisters house and Crashed out the next morning was the original reason for me being in Dallas White Rock Half Marathon. This is going to be my 3rd half marathon in 8 months. I was also meeting one of my favorite people Aubrie Wright. I had run a half 3 weeks previous and had made my goal of running under 2 hours so my intention for running this one was to help Aubrie reach her goal of a 2:15 half marathon which she succeeded with a 2:08 half marathon she took off 26 minutes from her previous half I was very proud of her for. I also had the opportunity to have a good long conversation with her it was a lot of fun. and Im looking forward to doing it again at some point soon.

After running this it was time to clean up and head home so we started the long drive back to Amarillo and where I got to do homework before going to bed after a long Crazy weekend I loved getting to spend time with friends and family and friends who are closer than family.

No comments:

Post a Comment