About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Countdowns

So as I look around it seems there are countdowns everywhere. Countdowns to the last final, graduations, pinning ceremonies, Birthdays, Christmas, New Years, Half marathon and marathon dates. There is one that sticks out to me even more than those days to Mexico. 18 days til Mexico, 18 days until I get to meet a family that before I leave will have a home to protect them from the sub freezing temperatures and crazy winds that blow through cracks and holes in the walls if the family is lucky enough to have them. 18 days until I get to lay a Concrete foundation to replace the dirt floors, Stucco to replace the pallets insulation, sheetrock. My thoughts go all over the place when I think of this countdown.
1. I get to bless a family with home, a physical worldly need.
2. I get to minister to a family through my actions, a free gift given to them but another is available the gift of having Jesus in your life that you can do nothing to deserve or earn but its there and they can have it.
3. Christmas in Mexico I have never done this only heard stories. So how do I prepare clothes What is building in the cold, how do we build if it snows? These thoughts all come together.
4. I get to see and hang out with some friends and some new people looking forward to meeting and making a connection with.
5. I get to give this gift around Christmas. The time when we celebrate the birth of our Savior. We celebrate by giving friends and family gifts I get to give someone who i don't know a gift that is going to completely change their life on this earth. But I also have the opportunity to help them receive a gift that will change their lives for all eternity and that is the thought makes me smile and my heart jump with joy to know that I have an opportunity to add to my family in Heaven.

I can't even to begin to imagine the true impact that we have on people towards the kingdom of Heaven. But I know that one day I will be able to see it and I want to make the most of the opportunities that I am giving.

Praise the Lord for countdowns because they are great things that bring great joys in my life. Can't wait. So let the countdown begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment