About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Sports Big 12 Conference

With the biggest sport(in the world) hitting the biggest stage here its only expected to be talked about. The World Cup is upon us so here is a little bit of what I have for you. Im rooting for the underdog...a lot my brackets in fantasy soccer on ESPN are realistic but I always love a cinderella story especially when going against teams like Italy, Germany, even Brazil and Spain I would Love to see them lose and not even make it past group play. But Im realistic. Incredibly with all the world cup going on that is not what I have been focussed on sport wise this past week. What has got my attention is Big 12 North schools jumping ship to other conferences and the threat of losing the Big 12 altogether. But after the University of Texas stating that it is staying in the Big 12 seems like all those fears have kinda subsided and now we wait to see whats next.

My suggestion is simple(I think) Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe invites 2 school to replace Nebraska and Colorado University. TCU would be an Excellent choice in my opinion. I mean they are going to the college world series in baseball as we speak after beating UT in the super regionals. TCU has a great Volleyball team and Tennis teams. I believe that if they were to join the Big 12 recruiting football players would be a lot easier because they are in a known conference. Also there are talks about Arkansas coming and re sparking the rivalry they had with teams in the former Southwestern Conference. with those two teams joining the conference you put the 5 Texas teams (A&M, Baylor, Tech, TCU, UT) in the Southern Division along with Arkansas while moving OU and OKST to the North Division with the remaining 4 schools consisting of K-State KU Iowa and Mizzou. I say all of this because in the past few years the North hasn't really had a football team that can compete with the power houses of Texas OU and Tech, and many a times people ask well why don't OU and Texas play again for the Big 12 Championship. This would allow for this to happen and thus the 2 best teams playing for the conference championship. Interstate rivalries would still be intact for Division play, traveling cost would be minimized conference Championship could still be had and everyone wins especially the fans.

I dont know how the rest of this is going to fan out but you can bet that I will be following it more closely than I have the World Cup which has been quite close.

No comments:

Post a Comment