About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Saying Goodbye

Crazy how things happen in Circles 3 years ago I said goodbye to me best friend as he headed off to College Station knowing I would see him when he came home for holidays and such and it was only a nine hour drive to go see him so a weekend get away was no big deal. But this morning I said goodbye as he makes his way to Rhode Island to begin OCS (Officer Canidate School) for the Navy. Yet another one of my friends growing up and living out the life that God has called them to. This time instead of a days drive a way its a half days flight to see him. Rhode Island for 12 weeks then Pensacola Florida after that. I may have to Rack up some frequent flyer miles over the summer. Its going to be weird knowing that I can't just go see him on a whim and he wont be here on all the holidays like he has been. The last couple weeks was real nice seeing him on a regular basis and it got real comfortable. Its going to take some readjusting to not just be able to call him up and say lets meet up and grab some coffee. But I know that we will stay in touch and I know that this is exactly where God has called him so there is comfort in that. Its never easy saying goodbye when you don't know the next time you will get to say hello and that seems to be something I am doing more and more often. I guess I better start working on my penmanship cause the next few weeks there are going to be a lot of letter writing. It will be nice to have something other then  Junkmail to pull out of the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment