About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking back so I can look forward

New Years Eve I began thinking about where I was this time last year and where I thought I was headed.

I was in El Paso just finishing up a mission trip with Casas por Cristo About to head back to Amarillo to start working at the Credit Union and had just been laid off from Trinity. I figured that by the end of the year I would be only a semester or 2 away from a Bachelors degree in Education and start looking for a teaching coaching position ready to "grow up" and be an adult. Instead I'm working at Palace Coffee Company getting ready to Coach my second season of High School Baseball trying to figure out if college is really for me. If teaching is a school setting is really the call on my life and really just where the hell do I want to do for the rest of my life. I have said this before and it really is the only thing that keeps me from worrying about what I might look like to others, being a 24 year old who doesn't have a full time job and still lives at home. I'm not a normal person in society I think if you know me thats not really all that hard to believe. I don't have normal goals or dreams but in my opinion my goals and dreams in life are pretty simple I want to be a Good husband who cares for his wife and spends time with her and truly lets her know how important she is not only to me but to God. I want to be a father I want to be able to support them in their dreams and help them be or do whatever it is that they have in their heart. and the only other thing is I want to be happy. Whatever I'm doing and whoever I'm doing it with I want to be happy.

Its a new year and everyone is making their New Years Resolutions that everyone gives up on in about 3 months. I saw a friend post something this morning that is more my kinda style and I think its how I'm going to roll. Not making a new years Resolution but going to make a 2012 bucket list.

Travel to a State I haven't been to
Run 600 miles
Run 3 half Marathons
Run 1 full Marathon
Read Atleast 1 book a month
Learn to play guitar

To all of you making resolutions or bucket list for 2012 Good luck and find a way to keep yourself accountable whether it be a person or thing. Set milestone goals to help keep you on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment