About Me

My photo
I'm a 25yr old guy, I enjoy life to the fullest and God is who I want to follow he has blessed me with great friends and amazing people who surround and support me.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I can't wait for Christmas.

Im excited for Christmas to get here, but not to receive presents but to give one. The day after Christmas I head down to Juarez to join a team from Kansas to be able to give a family a home Im sure whoever reads this is probably getting sick and tired of hearing this but for me its Exciting. I read facebook updates and twitter posts about how its the Holiday season and everyone is going Christmas shopping and baking holiday treats. Which is awesome good for them but I think people forget the real reason for the season. Christmas is not all about presents and spending time with family, don't get me wrong its a great thing spending time with those you love, But there is something much greater happening. We need to remember that Christmas is the day we celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior the little boy born of a Virgin that was laid manger because there was no other place for them to lay his head. He became a man who didn't sin yet died a brutal and agonizing death to pay for our sin. To often people don't think of that when they think of Christmas, I have done it myself Im not perfect but Im trying to not forget the main reason for the season. When I join this team in Mexico we are giving a family a free gift, a home, with walls a door windows celling fan. They don't have to pay a dime for it. We tell them we give them this free gift because we ourselves were giving a free gift the Gift of eternal life. We give them a bible, and the opportunity to accept Jesus into their hearts. A gift of eternal life with the Father and the Son. The opportunity to live in a perfect heaven with a perfect God for all of eternity. That is why I am excited about Christmas. The opportunity to be a light in a dark city. The opportunity to remember The real Reason for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment